Lanka Realty Investments PLC, subsequent to its acquisition of a 51% stake in On’ally Holdings PLC, is the the owner of Unity Plaza with the Urban Development Authority.
“We have now reinvested Rs. 400 million for this refurbishment adding several new features like a separate floor for storage, auditorium, and facilities for startups,” said Lanka Realty Investments PLC Chairman Hardy Jamaldeen. The facility has been expanded to include 5 storeys of retail space and 5 floors of modern offices, enhancing overall shopping and work experiences, whilst increasing the available floor space. Innovative additions like escalators and other modern amenities.
Presently, Unity Plaza is proud to serve 65% of the nation’s IT needs, with ambitious plans to expand that influence to command 90% of the market. “Our vision is in alignment with the government’s broader plans for modernization and repositioning Sri Lanka as a premier IT hub.” Unity Plaza represents something more than an IT mall; it is a landmark, an intrinsic part of Sri Lanka’s IT culture and the embodiment of a quest for trailblazing transformation. The roots of Unity Plaza date back to June 25, 1982, when On’ally Holdings Ltd was established. In 1991, the company made history by becoming one of the first public-private partnerships in Sri Lanka when it was listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange. It also demonstrates the true potential of public-private partnerships in driving success and innovation and during 1980. UDA also invested Rs. 25 million for the project.
Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic and the domestic economic environment, Unity Plaza has seen consistent revenue growth. From Rs. 201 million in 2020, revenues have climbed to Rs. 279 million in 2022, demonstrating the project’s success story, which continues to be written under a new chapter.
The Daily News is an English-language newspaper in Sri Lanka. It is now published by the Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Limited, a government-owned corporation. The newspaper commenced publishing on 3 January 1918. D. R. Wijewardena was its founder.